My mixie that has served as one of the active and primary member of my kitchen for past five years conked out few days ago. No, I don’t blame the poor thingie that served its purpose to the T all these years. It was totally my bad. I used the smallest jar (owe it to my damn laziness) to grind a harder substance and there it broke those four plus like plastic projections in the mixie unit that helps to hold the jar in its place. Now, if I try to place the jar and switch it on, the mixie makes wired sound and the blades doesn’t rotate
I don’t have a grinder either. So, the following weeks will be no Idli/dosa weeks until amma lands here to rescue us. That also made me think what other things we would miss
1. Fresh ginger/garlic paste while cooking. I almost do this for all subzis.
2. Chutneys of all sorts. Oh wait why would I need chutney if there is no idli/dosa batter
3. Rasam (I don’t know how to make rasam without grinding the tomato, whole pepper and jira) any suggestions?
4. Milk shakes that I make for Adi on some evenings. This is the second in her “Mommy’s cooking favorite” list.
5. Ginger chai that M makes by grinding ginger. Anyways I am not a big fan of that so unless he needs it we should be fine.
6. Coconut paste while making fish kuzhambu. I can still make do with this as I also make the non-coconut version of the kuzhambu. Thank god I don’t use coconut very often in my cooking.
7. Onion/tomato puree while cooking certain type of curries.
SS – I think I got paid off very well for teasing you for that 11pm Idli maavu blogging. I take back my words. You can make Idli maavu even at 1am. Now, pluueezzeeee suggest me some ways to fix my mixie.
I can’t live without the dosa batter that’s my saver for dinner on most of the days