RM – Thank you for bring so nice and helping fellow bloggers with a day’s post. You see, we all are taking turns in pouncing on the opportunity
And chipmunk thanks to you too for tagging me..
Here is my 2012′s version
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
- Thinking hard.. Such is my life so monotonous
Woww, wait a minute revisiting the blog archive did prove that I have done many things
- Donated blood for the first time and wish to continue with this for rest of the life.
- Made paneer poori, brocolli chutney, cinnamon rolls, princess cake – all just once and don’t know if I would ever make them again.
- Camping and Whitewater rafting (Level 1 rapids) which was my dream come true vacation.
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next?
- I didn’t make any specific resolution last year. Its the same every year.
- For self – Be honest, don’t hurt others with words or actions, lower voice, value relationships, hate hatred and love life.
- As a parent – Don’t yell, build trust and strive hard to become better and better as a sensible parent.
3. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- 7th May 2012 – the day that patched up for my earlier loss.
- 13th June 2012 – Parent’s arrival to stay with us for three months. A stay after almost a decade.
- If I may quote a date in 2011 its 7th Dec 2011 – the day I had the mentioned terrible loss.
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- I feel that I haven’t achieved anything big in life yet at least in the last decade. My biggest achievement so far is being recruited via campus interview for my first job that too in the year when recession was at its peak and I proudly state that it was only my company that offered the appointment letter to selected candidates out of all the companies that visited us for campus interview that year. I still have contacts with colleagues from my first company and have always felt proud about the company. Its a company that I will cherish forever. We were the first batch to have IT campus interview and getting selected in that made me overnight popular at my college
5. What was your biggest failure?
- Not to cry at the drop of hat. Can someone please teach me the technique to hold back tears? I cry if I am happy, I cry if I am sad, I cry if I am angry, I cry if I am irritated so basically I cry, cry and cry. This heavily brings down the value of my tears and I am hating that to the core.
6. Did you suffer illness?
- Nothing major but I suffered fear majorly if that can be attributed as illness.
7. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
- the lesser said the better. I know only very few in the world and its two people from the closest circle whose behavior is appalling me for years and years.
8. Where did most of your money go?
- Bills, bills and bills. Not just most of my money but all my money.
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- parent’s visit.
10. What song will always remind you of 2012?
- Sara sara sara kaathu from Vaagai sooda vaa. Technically this film was released in late 2011 but this is one of the song that I most listened to in 2012. I even set this as my phone’s ringtone for a while.
11. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
- Happier as last year this time I was dealing with a grief of a major loss.
12. What do you wish you’d done more of?
- Traveling. We didn’t do any except for the 2 days camping trip.
13. What do you wish you’d done less of?
- Holding on to the grudge. and not letting go of certain incidents though well aware of the nature of the doer.
14. Did you fall in love in 2012?
15. What/Who was your greatest musical discovery?
– One direction. Adi and I would have listened to their debut single “What makes you beautiful” many many times. A song that we sang together during the mommy/daughter times. A song that excited us instantly and we sing along if its played in the radio when we drive.
16. What did you want and get?
– will disclose it soon
17. What did you want and not get?
– Couldn’t think of any. I usually keep my expectations low as I am very bad in dealing with dejection’s.
18. What was your favourite film of this year?
- Tamil –Vazhakku Enn 18/9, NKPK.
- English – Argo, English Vinglish, Life of Pi
19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- It was a bad day than any other normal day. That’s enough for now. 32.
20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
– If all those uncertainties of the second half of the year did not happen it would have been more satisfying.
21. What kept you sane?
– Adi and Amma – the pillars of my life.
22. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
- Never judge people. You never know the other side of the story.
– Certain things are better left unsaid. Never try to explain everything in detail unless the other person is ready to listen.
- Think before you speak especially with people who find one hundred meanings for that one word.
23. Which new places did you visit in 2012?
– Camping site. It was a thrilling experience to stay in tent for two nights.
24. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
– Couldn’t thing of any right now.
25. Tag some bloggers you would love to read these answers from
– Most of the bloggers I know had already done this. Any one who is interested and yet to do it please take this up.