First and foremost, my sincere apologize to techie ZM for accepting the award so late. It has been more than a year since she awarded this to me. Thanks much to you techie ZM.
Rules of the Award:-
1. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 interview questions you’ve been given by the person who nominated you.
3. Fabricate 11 new questions.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers and mention them in your post.
5. Tell the person who nominated you, along with the people whom you’ve nominated.
11 random facts about myself
1. I am not a morning person. It doesn’t matter if I sleep at 9pm or 2am, getting up at 6am is a big deal for me.
2. I cannot skip a meal. Its more of a mental block than tummy’s need. As M says, I do more of emotional eating.
3. There is a huge gap between what I am and how I want to be and I am not doing anything about it even though I am well aware of the gap. Say I want to drink a bottle of water as first thing in the morning, I want to make the kids go to bed by 9pm, I want to spend 30 minutes every morning to do yoga. The list is calling for a separate post.
4. I love to keep string of jasmine flowers in my neatly plaited not so long hair and wear those stiff cotton sarees but it never seemed as easy as its said.
5. I love to decor home and keep it organized but I am far away from that as I have been living out of suitcases for a long time now. Just seeing the big suitcases stacked in the room and boxes around puts me off from decorating/organizing the home. I secretly wish for our next home to have plenty of storage closets.
6. I don’t enjoy cooking. I do try different dishes for kids but don’t prefer to go that extra mile to try difficult dishes. I would always settle with easy route on cooking.
7. I am more comfortable with planned executions when I am the organizer. I love to strike out the items in the list as they get executed.
8.I love surprises from friends and family and love even more to give surprises to them.
9. I had never felt good about myself. Neither had I expressed it nor I let it affect my daily life. I have had my share of feeling inferior since childhood and there are strong external reasons for it. There I said it.
10. I have faced few cross roads in the past and now sometimes spend my lonely time thinking how my life would have been today had I taken the other road.
11. Until 2008, I never thought even in my dream that I would own a blog and write so much. Thanks to Adi. I can call myself a mommy blogger.
11 interview questions form techie ZM
1) What do you cook when suddenly some guests appear at your doorstep?
Fortunately I have not encountered such situation yet. But, if they do, then below is the list
Breakfast – poori/aloo masala or dosa/chutney with kesari followed by ginger chai.
Lunch – veg/egg fried rice or veg biriyani, white rice, rasam, curd, appalam.
Dinner – uppuma or poha with dosa/chutney.
2) How do you like to celebrate your b’day?
With non stop phone calls and wishes from friends and family and may be a surprise. I hardly get phone calls on my bday these days leave alone surprise. Signs of getting older!!!
3) Your favorite book?
Shiva Triology from what i have read so far.
4) What are the qualities that you admire the most in people?
Honesty and kindness.
5) How did you meet your spouse?
Matrimonial site. Ours is 100% agmark pakka arranged marriage with its twin sister aka confusions dancing away to glory :)
6) Do you plan for future? if yes, then what do you see yourself doing in after 20 years?
Not at all. In 20 years I will still be the mother of two kids expecting them to beat me in reciprocating love. Adi would have moved out, LHB in his final year of college. But, I am determined about doing my own things once they start their own life. This list of own things is still in evolving stage.
7) What do you like the most about yourself?
I feel happy and content when I am able to help someone in need or when I am the reason for someone’s smile.
8) What do you like the most about your spouse?
I can go on and on if you had asked “don’t like” but now you make me think very hard. Jokes apart, he never badmouths about anyone. If he doesn’t like, he just stays away but never passes unnecessary comments or pickup fight with them.
9) Would you like to change something about your life? If yes, then what’s it?
Life is good. Touchwood.
10) Do you easily get angry or are you one of those saints? What’s your trick to keeping calm mind?
I get irritated a lot especially at home when there are pending errands and M is on that Sri Ranganathar palli konda posture with his laptop. My blood boils then. No trick yet to keep mind calm in that situation. Can someone help?
11) What is your favorite comfort food?
curd rice with pickle.
Fabricate 11 new questions.
I cannot think of better questions then what techie ZM had asked me. I had fun answering them so I steal the same set from her. Please pickup the questions from above.
Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers and mention them in your post.
I am not sure if 11 bloggers read my blog and also guess almost everyone that I know have already been awarded. If any of you reading this have not received this award yet, please accept it and do the honors.
Tell the person who nominated you, along with the people whom you’ve nominated.
Techie ZM awarded this to me. Thank you lady!
Maya, your tag is next.. I want to think of more facts about me, kind of self realization you see. So, I promise to come up with new set of facts about myself for your tag.