When I asked Adi to draw My Famlily or Family Tree she came up with these two beautiful drawings.
This one with extended family. With all her cousins, anna, akka, grandma and grandpa
and this one with only three of us. Do you see the graph of butterflies on top of each picture. She recently learned to draw skirt and pant and she chose green for me ‘coz it is my favorite color. I loved both the versions 🙂
Thanks a bunch Shruti for passing on this award to me. This award means a LOT to me. A proud moment.
1. Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post
2. Tell 7 random facts about yourself
3. Pass the award
7 random facts about me
1. I wake up (most of the days) before M and Adi on weekends for one main reason. To enjoy my cuppa filter coffee leisurely with no hurry either by standing next to my living room window or lazing on the couch. I wake up before them on weekdays too but that’s not with a joyful note
2. I have witnessed both the best and worst of my birthday. Best in 1999 and worst in 2009.
3. I absolutely cannot spend a day without talking and cannot hide my emotions. My face reflects my heart. If at all there is a need to hide my feelings I will rather hide myself.. There are many situations when I cried facing my office desktop though the cubicle is shared.. I am trying for more than a decade now to control my tears but all in vain.
4. I love sweet surprises (both ways 😉 ) Is someone hearing me? I had given many surprises to my kith and kins in past and still remember those happy faces… Bliss..
5. I am very poor in reading between the lines.
6. I wish to speak fluently in Hindi. abhi thoda thoda malum hain. I can understand 75% when two people converse in Hindi but cannot join the conversation confidently.
7. The best time of my day (most of the days) is when I read a story book for Adi at Night and then tuck her into bed. I usually kiss on her forehead and say “Good night pattumma. Hope you get nice and sweet dreams”. I know she loves this too. This is when she shares the most about her day. I just let her speak and be a good listener (for a change ;)) …
When I started this post I was like 7 facts? what can I write about myself? I cannot even cross 3. Now I feel like is it only 7. Self analysis done after a long time.
I pass on this award to all my sweet blog friends in no order
The first week of March was declared as Spirit week at Adi’s school. It was a fun packed week
Monday – Jersey day. Kids can show their support by wearing their team or soccer hero’s jersey to school. We didn’t have any idea about this and Adi just wore school uniform but seeing her friends in jersey now she wants to join Soccer.
Tuesday – Mismatch day. Dress without match.. Crazy day. I noticed a teacher wearing one leg of the pant in red color and the other leg in yellow color. Do we get pants like this for sale?
Thursday – Career day. Dress as an occupation. Adi dressed as a doctor.. We went on a hunt for the costume on Wednesday night and guess what the shop keeper asked “what’s special in school tomorrow? I have sold out almost all the doctor costume in store. If all kids aspires to be a doctor who will be the patient in next 20 yrs?”
Friday – Pep rally day. Wear school colors. blue and white. As I heard from Adi each class was asked to perform a cheerleading song and a pizza party was promised for the best performing class. She was practicing so hard all for the pizza party… Indeed they had a party on following Monday… Adi already tagged her school as fun school 🙂 Edho appo appo konjam padicha sari (Eng : Its fine as long as she focuses on academics once in a while)
Though we were not able to make any craft based on Shruti’s theme for the month we rather Adi did few long pending crafts at home in the month of February
Bird house – from pre-cut foam sheets and Chenille stem sold in a “Craft for kids” package. My contribution was minimal
Fuse bead Fish and Dog – Inspired from utbt. This is our first hand experience with fuse beads. My contribution was ironing. Adi enjoyed this craft except that she complained neck pain at the end and this really needs lots and lots of patience..
Valentine’s day card – This is a school made craft that came to us as a surprise on 14th Feb. Look at what the girl has written as if we never share with her 😦
Maraca – My contribution was NIL. When I was busy in kitchen the girl came to me in a hurry and asked for two plastic boxes of same size. I had no clue and as usual took my own time to respond. The restless girl opened the draw, selected two same sized boxes, forced me to get her two aluminium foil sheets and handful of M&M’s at the count of three and ordered we should not visit living room until she is done. We had no clue of what she was doing. After half an hour Taa daa the Maraca was born. She had covered the boxes with foil, filled them with M&M’s, taped them together and decorated with some stickers on top.. Her point was without stickers it gets difficult to know which side is top amma. I don’t know from where she pulled this idea but I was blown away to see the girl making craft on her own..
Gone are days when we had to talk about the craft for few days and then sit together on a weekend to make them. Needless to say both of us will be exhausted at the end though it will be a fun time together. I felt much relieved on the day she made this Maraca. Thanks again Shruti without your blog we would have not explored this artsy craftsy side of life.
The next day when I was going uhh and ahh about the craft skills I cultivated in her and how she effectively used only two foil sheets M let me speak for a while and then coolly said she got six sheets from him without my knowledge and that was the secret of this craft. What do I do with this duo? Sometimes I feel they treat me as an alien..