Ever since I saw this recipe in a cookery show I so wanted to try it at home.
Broccoli – 1 bunch
Onion – 1 Medium-size
Tomato – 1 Medium-size
Urad dal – 1 spoon
Channa dal – 1 spoon
Red chillies – 4 to 5 or according to taste
Curry leaves – 4 to 5 leaves
Lemon juice – 10 to 20 drops or according to taste
Salt – to taste
1. Saute Urad dal, Channa dal, Red chillies, Curry leaves in same order.
2. Add Onion and fry until onion is transluscent.
3. Add Tomato and continue frying until tomato blends well with Onion.
4. Add broccoli florets and fry until broccoli is fully cooked.
5. Allow the mixture to cool down and then blend coarsely with required salt.
6. Add lemon juice to the blended mix and the chutney is ready to serve.
This goes well with Idli/dosa. I have also used it as a bread spread 🙂
1. You can also use tamarind pulp instead of lemon juice. If you plan to use tamarind pulp add few pinches of the pulp to the cooking ingredients.
2. You can also try different variations like adding shredded coconut to the cooking ingredients or tempering with mustard/urad dal.