Are you a lover of Thirattu paal but keep it aside remembering the labor intensive good old fashioned way involved in the making of it?
Well then, hakuna matata.
Here is the simplest cheat way to make Thirattu paal in microwave in less than 15 minutes. But, strictly no multi tasking. The entire 15 minutes should be dedicated to the making of this dish unless you are ready to spend the next one hour in scratching the microwave clean from spills all over.
Condensed milk – 1 14oz can
Curd – 3 spoons (few drops of lemon juice is another option)
Ghee – 4 spoons
Cardamom powder – a pinch
Fried cashews – to garnish (optional)
1. Grease a microwaveable glass bowl with ghee.
2. Pour the condensed milk into the glass bowl. If this is a combined effort with your kid, then handover the emptied tin to the kid for licking. Don’t forget to warn the kid about sharp edges of the tin.
3. Add a spoon of ghee, curd, mix well and microwave for two minutes.
4. Have an eagle eye on the microwave as the milk can overflow any second. When its about to overflow, take it out, give it a nice stir, add a spoon of ghee (if needed) and microwave it again. I had even taken it out for every 20 seconds few times. The kid can be of great help to watch the microwave. Make them own a task, they will take it so serious.
5. The milk should attain Thirattu paal consistency in 10 or 12 minutes.
6. Take it out of microwave, add the fried cashews, sprinkle cardamom powder and serve to your dear ones as a surprise.
P.S: By the way, in the picture the bowl shown under is the reflection of the top bowl on a stain steel plate. Just mentioning if you didn’t notice it at first look and forget to appreciate the photographer. Do I need to mention about the photographer 😉