Happy Vinayakar Chathurthi to one and all..
We celebrated it with hand made Ganesh by Adi with zero help from me and home made kozhukattai.
I took it easy when Amma said making kozhukattai is a tiring process. Now I realize it with my back breaking so bad. I would be lying if I say all the pain vanished when the family polished off the plates but I am very happy that it turned out good and they liked it. Kozhukattai’s were over in few seconds.
Adi is really having good patience now. It took her more than two hours to make this Ganesha..
Maya, the eternal dreamer has tagged me with this award and I feel great. Maya is someone whom I adore for her style of writing and getting this award from her is a big honor for me. Thank you Maya!
Maya, I have got your miniature at home who says “Amma, get your grammar correct” when I make those silly mistakes while talking in English 🙂 She cannot stand grammar mistakes like you.
1. Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you – Done
2. List the rules and display the award – Done
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
1. I love vatha kuzhambu or puli kuzhambu with white rice especially the one made with potato cubes and drumstick. I can eat it for every meal for infinite days.
2. I occasionally buy long earrings, necklaces to match my dress, wear them too but mostly remove it before stepping out of the home. Though I like to dress up, I am more comfortable with the age old amma’s small gold ring type earring and thin gold chain.
3. Have said it many times here before. I cry at the drop of a hat though I hate it to the core to shed tears for undeserved people/incidents. No improvement at all.
4. I had a huge, huge gang of friends during college and friends have been everything to me at one stage of life.
5. I am a sucker for simple pleasures of life like Adi hugging me as first thing in the morning, Stranger smiling at me, Getting into the train few microseconds before the door closes, elevator not stopping in between floors before I get down at work especially in the morning, getting a personal mail, spotting a billing counter where I am first in line and the list goes on.. I count my blessings very often..
6. I love the taste and flavor of mangoes but scared to eat them. My body doesn’t take it well and ends up getting body heat. A glass of milk after eating the mangoes doesn’t work for my body.
7. I wash my hands very often while cooking.
Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
I nominate all my readers/bloggers for this award as every blogger deserves the inspiring blogger award. Its okay if you have already received, please accept it from me too and write 7 facts about yourself.
Would love to read it.
12. Ashreya Mom
17. Little Fingers
I did my best to collect the blogger’s name. Please pardon me with all your heart if I have missed your name above and accept this blog. As I said, every blogger truly deserves the inspiring blogger award.
Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you – Done. I mean the display part. I am already an ardent follower of Maya’s blog.
Song on loop at our household for past few days. I am missing Chennai very badly… The city that’s full of life and the city that holds the best and worst memories of my life.
I want to go back to Chennai like RIGHTNOW !!!!!!!!.
Happy Birthday Chennai.. The city very close to my heart…
at my cost..
Amma: Adi, I did something adventurous today when you all have gone out.
Adi: What???? did you cook Amma?
Hhmmppffff!!!! So much for cooking 3 meals for them every day. I am going on a strike!!!
Adi’s recent artwork..
Thank you GB for the inspiration. She asked me to show it to you. She had hard time completing this as the glue became flat after drying and the foil was ripping off easily. I was happy that she didn’t give up.
Update on Mac: The service center came back stating the repair cost would be $1,240. LHB seems to be a very costly boy. M said, I am getting the cheapest laptop from Walmart as I need one to work remotely. I am very upset 😦
Did he turn two already? No, there is still six more months. Then, how did he get into terrible two already? We have an incident at home every other day and yesterday’s was the highlight.
LHB did oats abhishekam to my Mac’s keyboard and track pad.
Impact – M visited fifth avenue apple store around 8pm and came back home at 4am. Mac has been sent to service center for repair and it will take another 5 to 6 days to get it back. Until then, I have to make do with the other laptop that is already in two pieces and stays as one piece with the help of tape. Its more like a desktop as we cannot move it anywhere for the fear of it falling apart into multiple pieces. I seriously wonder how its still working.
Going off on a tangent, do apple folks really have so many customers or are they fake? M reached the store at 8:30pm and got his appointment with genius bar at 1:30am. He said at 1:00am, he was some 25th person in line and there was still crowd coming in when he got out at 2:30am. That too on a weekday. These guys must either be really genius or have more unhappy customers. I own android phone and Mac has already given us enough headaches. I wouldn’t blame the product. We all have dropped it at different times and its LHB’s favorite time pass to feed the laptop as if its starving and begging him for some food. It just came to us at the wrong timing and since it was bought for me, I get blamed every time it goes for a service. M is a “well-thought” person. He bought warranty for the product that is saving him (to some extent) now.
This is last week antic. Its M’s laptop and Adi is becoming a pro in fixing keys these days. She can now skip the typewriting class as we are giving her enough hands on training to position the keys in the keypad.
First and foremost, my sincere apologize to techie ZM for accepting the award so late. It has been more than a year since she awarded this to me. Thanks much to you techie ZM.
Rules of the Award:-
1. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 interview questions you’ve been given by the person who nominated you.
3. Fabricate 11 new questions.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers and mention them in your post.
5. Tell the person who nominated you, along with the people whom you’ve nominated.
11 random facts about myself
1. I am not a morning person. It doesn’t matter if I sleep at 9pm or 2am, getting up at 6am is a big deal for me.
2. I cannot skip a meal. Its more of a mental block than tummy’s need. As M says, I do more of emotional eating.
3. There is a huge gap between what I am and how I want to be and I am not doing anything about it even though I am well aware of the gap. Say I want to drink a bottle of water as first thing in the morning, I want to make the kids go to bed by 9pm, I want to spend 30 minutes every morning to do yoga. The list is calling for a separate post.
4. I love to keep string of jasmine flowers in my neatly plaited not so long hair and wear those stiff cotton sarees but it never seemed as easy as its said.
5. I love to decor home and keep it organized but I am far away from that as I have been living out of suitcases for a long time now. Just seeing the big suitcases stacked in the room and boxes around puts me off from decorating/organizing the home. I secretly wish for our next home to have plenty of storage closets.
6. I don’t enjoy cooking. I do try different dishes for kids but don’t prefer to go that extra mile to try difficult dishes. I would always settle with easy route on cooking.
7. I am more comfortable with planned executions when I am the organizer. I love to strike out the items in the list as they get executed.
8.I love surprises from friends and family and love even more to give surprises to them.
9. I had never felt good about myself. Neither had I expressed it nor I let it affect my daily life. I have had my share of feeling inferior since childhood and there are strong external reasons for it. There I said it.
10. I have faced few cross roads in the past and now sometimes spend my lonely time thinking how my life would have been today had I taken the other road.
11. Until 2008, I never thought even in my dream that I would own a blog and write so much. Thanks to Adi. I can call myself a mommy blogger.
11 interview questions form techie ZM
1) What do you cook when suddenly some guests appear at your doorstep?
Fortunately I have not encountered such situation yet. But, if they do, then below is the list
Breakfast – poori/aloo masala or dosa/chutney with kesari followed by ginger chai.
Lunch – veg/egg fried rice or veg biriyani, white rice, rasam, curd, appalam.
Dinner – uppuma or poha with dosa/chutney.
2) How do you like to celebrate your b’day?
With non stop phone calls and wishes from friends and family and may be a surprise. I hardly get phone calls on my bday these days leave alone surprise. Signs of getting older!!!
3) Your favorite book?
Shiva Triology from what i have read so far.
4) What are the qualities that you admire the most in people?
Honesty and kindness.
5) How did you meet your spouse?
Matrimonial site. Ours is 100% agmark pakka arranged marriage with its twin sister aka confusions dancing away to glory 🙂
6) Do you plan for future? if yes, then what do you see yourself doing in after 20 years?
Not at all. In 20 years I will still be the mother of two kids expecting them to beat me in reciprocating love. Adi would have moved out, LHB in his final year of college. But, I am determined about doing my own things once they start their own life. This list of own things is still in evolving stage.
7) What do you like the most about yourself?
I feel happy and content when I am able to help someone in need or when I am the reason for someone’s smile.
8) What do you like the most about your spouse?
I can go on and on if you had asked “don’t like” but now you make me think very hard. Jokes apart, he never badmouths about anyone. If he doesn’t like, he just stays away but never passes unnecessary comments or pickup fight with them.
9) Would you like to change something about your life? If yes, then what’s it?
Life is good. Touchwood.
10) Do you easily get angry or are you one of those saints? What’s your trick to keeping calm mind?
I get irritated a lot especially at home when there are pending errands and M is on that Sri Ranganathar palli konda posture with his laptop. My blood boils then. No trick yet to keep mind calm in that situation. Can someone help?
11) What is your favorite comfort food?
curd rice with pickle.
Fabricate 11 new questions.
I cannot think of better questions then what techie ZM had asked me. I had fun answering them so I steal the same set from her. Please pickup the questions from above.
Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers and mention them in your post.
I am not sure if 11 bloggers read my blog and also guess almost everyone that I know have already been awarded. If any of you reading this have not received this award yet, please accept it and do the honors.
Tell the person who nominated you, along with the people whom you’ve nominated.
Techie ZM awarded this to me. Thank you lady!
Maya, your tag is next.. I want to think of more facts about me, kind of self realization you see. So, I promise to come up with new set of facts about myself for your tag.
Today is an auspicious day with Varalakshmi pooja, Aadi velli and all that falling on the same day. Apparently, (in spite of Amma saying about it for past few days) it didn’t get registered in my mind until we saw our neighbors, all decked up early in the morning (what? 8am is still early for our household) with special clothes and looked bright.
I was standing there with my night dress, bun on the head and tasks pending in the kitchen. I did brush and wash my face though. Obviously, I started with a rant soon after they left and continued with my work in the kitchen. M, as always added more fuel to the fire by saying it is not too late yet. You can finish off your office work early, make some special dishes for us to relish in the evening. He went on and on naming the dishes like vadai, payasam, sundal and that’s precisely when I overheard the daughter saying “Don’t pressure her Appa”.. Happy tears did peep out instantly. At your age, I had never watched my Amma so closely to understand her feelings. Not even now I guess. Love you pattumma. You make us a beautiful family every day (exception are your mad days). God bless you..
P.S: I do realize that it was M’s own way or should I say lame attempt to make the situation lighter!!