Cross-posted at IMC
One more kids lunch box special. This has been a hit at our home and I pack this at least once a week for Adi’s school lunch.
Wheat/Whole grain bread or any bread of your choice
Mixed chopped vegetables (I usually buy the store bought pre cut mix of carrots, beans, peas and corn kernels)
Potatoes – half (chopped into small cubes)
Jeera powder – 1 teaspoon
Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – as needed
Tomato ketchup – as needed
Butter – as needed
1. Saute the veggies in pan until they are well cooked.
2. Add the spices when veggies are half cooked.
3. Mix in the ketchup after switching off the stove and allow it to cool down.
4. Pre-heat the sandwich maker. I would strongly recommend to invest on a good sandwich maker if you are packing lunch for your kids.
5. Stuff the breads with the veggie mix and press it in the sandwich maker.
6. Spread some butter on both of the sandwich once they are out of the maker. Trust me, this final touch of butter adds a nice flavor and does wonders.
And here is picture of my salad especially for you smdeea11. I had it for lunch today and remmebered to click a picture 🙂
I want that salad… Like now !!! Live your sandwiches Ani.. Will try it out soon 🙂
Thanks GB.. I am happy that there is someone to appreciate my food 🙂
They are so tempting, love them 🙂
Thank you freakyveggie..
yum yum yum yum yum yum
(do you get the hint)… ????
yes yes.. any plans to visit US? would be very happy to be a host..