Happiness is making goodies at home from scratch.
So, ever since we started buying farm milk for kids, I started making butter, ghee at home. And recent addition is paneer. It gives so much satisfaction and happiness when these batches are made fresh.
That’s butter milk rich with flavors made from leftover water of butter making and little curd stirred into it.
This is the quantity of butter I get from one month collection of milk cream from farm milk after boiling them.
Ghee from that butter
And Paneer. I use the water remains from paneer making as water substitute for other cooking like to cook rice or veggies.
Friday, the PTA meet for the boy went better than expected. There are challenges and rooms for improvements which we will get evaluated and work on but overall what stood out of the meet for me was the teacher said he is sweet boy being nice to everyone. That, she can match him with any group of kids for activities and he hesitates to express when he doesn’t like something. I understand he has to be more expressive but the thought that he hesitates to hurt others made me feel good. I wish my sunshine to shine bright with kindness and happiness always. He can be a rowdy to me, just me. I will take it 🙂
I am super sleepy but have two days of random updates to post here. Let me just get done with it before it slips away from my mind.
- Adi made masala chai for us on Friday evening. Pakka stove top Indian milk masala chai from start to finish for the first time. So from now I can nag her officially when I don’t feel like making it for myself.
- Kids had pizza for dinner yesterday and I sneaked one slice too. Nothing can beat a slice of pizza. I tell ya!!
- I started with my work at 9pm last night and had to continue with it till 6am today fire fighting one issue after the other with a bunch of people on call all the time. The funny part was we unintentionally took turns to power nap and the rest continued to work. Glad that the task finally got done by 6am today morning.
- I went to bed at 6:30am and woke up at 2pm while M engaged the kids. He took care of their breakfast, lunch, took them out to classes and weekly shopping.
- Today was the first snow of this season. First snow is always magical but the days following that are scary. I am super scared of black ice on curbs and roads.
- Due to weather conditions, Today Adi’s very important test and LHB’s Tamil class were cancelled. I was more happier than him about his Tamil class cancellation as today he was supposed to say a kuppan, suppan “aabathil udhava nanban” story in Tamil. All he says as of now is kuppan, suppan. I have no idea about how to make him tell a story in Tamil. As if this is not enough, next week he has to make a family tree project and say it loud each relationship in front of class. Sigh!! I don’t see this happening so already made up my mind to put him in same level next year too. I highly doubt he will pass current level this year.
- Today, I made cauliflower rice no carbs biriyani for us and vegetable biriyani for kids. The cauliflower rice biriyani came out pretty decent. I made both versions very spicy though. More details and recipe are saved for a later post.
- Also, made cardboard guitar for LHB. More details to follow later.
- Friday was the first day I missed daily target of 10k steps since 1st Dec. Hope to make up for it next week.
- Adi’s PTA on Thursday evening was a breeze. Met a fellow mom who was praising Adi non stop and I actually started feeling odd after a point. Couldn’t be more proud of my sincere dedicated girl.
- I gathered the courage to talk to Adi about her “new” elective on Friday. She seems to accept it quickly and move on. She has made some friends in the new class and having couple of events coming up this month.
- One of her crazy after school class schedule has come to an end last week. The girl is super happy about it and now struggling to figure out how to spend all that free hours.
- Christmas tree was put up by the trio today while I was sleeping. I openly asked Adi to give me choices (no more playing secret Santa with her) and her choices were cookies, cakes, chocolates and candies 🙂
- LHB said he will tell it secretly to Santa as what he wants *rolls eyes*. When I told him I will recommend to Santa to keep him in nice list he said with a firm face that nobody can talk to Santa. Santa only gives gifts, he doesn’t talk or listen to anyone, not even to Amma’s. Fair point!
- I am not able to watch a 2 hour movie fully. Both times I tried to watch some movie, I dozed off in the middle and woke up for the climax. Getting old?????