Cashew chicken pepper fry. This was made by an Akka we visited during winter break road trip and all of us instantly liked it dish. So, I contacted her later and got the recipe. Doesn’t involve much work so give it a try!
Adi’s verdict: It’s definitely better than the usual chicken you make Amma!!! **rolls eyes**
Recipe as shared by the Akka!
Chicken – 2 lbs
Unroasted Cahsews split into half- 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Chili powder- 1 tbsp
Coriander powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric- 1/2 tsp
Salt- as needed
Black Peppercorn- 1 Tbs
Fennel seeds- 1/2 Tbs
Cumin – 1tsp
Corriander seeds – 1 tbs
Fresh curry levaves – 2 Stacks
1. Cook chicken by adding all above ingredients for ~ 20mins
Note: for dry chicken fry, no additional water required to cook the chicken. Just cook on stove top vessel with lid. No pressure cook required. Set aside once chicken is well done.
2. Dry roast the items listed under “To grind” and grind them to coarse to fine and set aside.
3. In a large tawa, saute chopped one large onion and chopped few garlic cloves until its translucent. Sauteed onion could be crunchy not over cooked. I also added some curry leaves along with onion.
4. Now add cooked chicken, dry ground masala and cook for 5 mins with constant stirring until chicken gets well coated with the masala.
5. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve