Sunday calls for a food post. I have been managing cooking all by myself at the new place as getting a help is both time consuming and a hole in the pocket in current circumstances. In the old neighborhood I used to call an aunty over the weekend to cook few veg curries and use them for the following week lunch box for myself and M.
Now that I have to spend time in kitchen, I decided to try some new ideas. The family seem to like some of it and that is more than enough for me.
Of that, beetroot paratha was accepted as an okay dish by the kids but the challenge is to maintain the same taste. A small change in measurement or miss an ingredient it tastes weird and kids refuse to eat. Its hard to get food appreciation from Adi. Out of almost 20 dishes that I cook she will appreciate 2 dishes and that too depends on the taste. LHB can be fed anything as long as the idiot box is on. Sighh!!!!
I learned this recipe from Hebbar’s kitchen. I tried the same with Spinach and coriander and that came out good too.
Beetroot – 2 small/1 medium
Ginger – 1 inch
Green chillies – 4 or 5
Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
1. Saute green chillies, grated ginger and grated beetroot in oil.
2. Add little water and salt and cook it for few minutes.
3. Cool down the mixture and make a puree in mixer.
4. Take 2/3 cups of wheat flour, add garam masala, little oil, salt and the puree.
5. Knead the mix into chapathi dough consistency.
6. Roll it into parathas and cook in stove top.
7. Spread a little ghee on both sides to keep them soft.
Note – You can also fold the parathas and roll to make layers.