My biggest accomplishment of 2021 is completing Ponniyin Selvan audio podcast. Deepika Arun of Kadhai Osai was the narrator and I have fallen in love with her voice and modulation. Its available in Spotify. They made it so easy as it was released in 1 episode/day model. Each episode length was anywhere from 10-20 minutes. I was late in starting but caught up to the episodes soon and then rain or shine I will listen to the episode of the day! I hardly missed days and those missed days were duly caught up very soon! The podcast series ended by mid of November. Its also published in Youtube.
I lived with these characters in 2021 and I recollect them at random times during the day – Nandhini, Poonkuzhali, Vandhiya Thevan, Adithiya Karikazhar, Sundara Sozhar, Azhavar Thirukadiyaan, Pazhuvettaiyars, Madhuranthaka Thevar, Ponniyin Selvan, Amudhan, Sembiyan Maa Devi, Oomai Rani, Kandha Maran, Vaanathi and many more. What a lavished and disciplined life they all have lived!!
Paperbacks I have read in 2021:
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khalid Hosseini – I made a chart after finishing this book to connect all people.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama – Took my own sweet time to read this book. I loved the way Michelle have narrated some of the incidents.
- Leading Change by John Kotter – In this book, author explains 8 powerful ways to lead a change. A must read for those who like to lead a change.
- Radical Candor by Kim Scott – Again a must read for someone who wants to grow as an empathetic/candid leader. I took lots of notes from this book.
- YT tamil short stories. The story that I recall until this day is “Sundaram Gurukkalin Manaivi” – https://youtu.be/HvptwRLZNLY
- YT videos and Spotify podcasts for Systems Design
- Spotify Kadhai Osai tamil short stories by popular authors like Sujatha, La Sa Ra, Jeyakanthan…
Right now, I am reading paperback book “21 lessons for 21st Century” by Yuval Novah Harari and listening to “Who will cry when you die” by “Robin Sharma”
Please recommends more books in comments section