Yesterday was a perfect day after a long time..
- We all woke up late, had late breakfast (crispy dosas with red chutney and molaga podi)
- Adi and LHB put up tent in living room, arranged it with board games, snacks and I let her dream come true by granting permission to order pizza for lunch.
- Gorged on pizza topped with pinnapple/jalapeno, chicken/onion combos and hershey’s soft baked cookie cake.
- Watched a movie in the afternoon without disruption while rest of the clan had a siesta.
- Nice long hot shower. It is a luxury these days!
- Visited friend’s home in the evening
- Had masala chai at their home and then we all headed out to bowling
- Non stop chit chat with friend while kids had fun at bowling centre.
- Go to an Indian restaurant for dinner at 10pm and ordering like 10+ dishes just when they were about to close the kitchen.
- Have sweet pan and kashmiri pink tea on the way back to friend’s home.
- Continue with chit chat while watching LHB dance to tamil video songs at their home.
- Arriving home at 1am.
Perfect day 🙂 🙂
Hope you all enjoy this as much as I did when I heard it the first time.
Just close your eyes and listen to this magic!
Craft exchange gift from the awesome Sri
I received it last month on an evening and promptly wore it to work the very next day.
It was an all day meet at work and I became quite noticeable in the crowd. Received so many compliments and was proudly saying “my friend hand made this for me”.
Thank you so so much Sri. This is a thoughtful gift to someone living on this side of the world.
Today, I attended the company recently appointed CEO’s first town hall. The usual self that buries its head into multi tasking the list in hand, today for a change thought it would be nice to listen to CEO speak in person. What if I was working from a remote location? Why do I always pass the opportunity of meeting senior executives in person when they are only few floors away from my desk?
So, I requested for a change of team meeting that conflicted with town hall time and reached the auditorium 20 minutes ahead to secure one of the last few seats available. It was great to feel the positive vibe in the air. He cracked jokes and kept the audience attention for almost 1.5 hours. What stood out for me from his speech is
“Speak up, don’t just speak up but collect your data and speak up with respect”
“Be diversified and inclusive”
According to me, being inclusive in a diversified environment is a big challenge and those who understand this are the real heart winners!
He also touched upon women empowerment.
It was very inspirational to hear his speech and I am starting to feel proud about my company and its brand!
The classic lady of my life who does every single thing with passion, perfection and style!
Her wardrobe speaks volume about her!!
Ladies and Gentleman – Meet my Amma 🙂
I want this to be written in history so recording it as a separate post. I could call this as LHB’s first official gift to me. A red bracelet that he got from somewhere (a valentine’s day goody bag I guess).
One February evening in 2017, he put it on my right hand, said its a gift for me and kept spot checking my hand for the next one/two weeks to see if I am wearing it. He was pretty serious about me wearing it. He would randomly say “Amma show me your hand” and I obliged 🙂
I am not wearing it anymore for the fear of it breaking but kept it safe along with my other precious possessions. I take it out to see sometimes to just recollect this incident and feel the love wrapped around it
Yes, I have mole on my right hand 🙂
அணைவருக்கும் இனிய பொங்கல் நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள்!
Happy pongal to all my lovely readers!
Sakkara pongal – check
Ven pongal – check
Avial – check
Surpise visit by a friend – check
Pongal brings back so much of childhood memories. I am glad to have recorded it all in this blog. My paternal grandpa, my village, home full of elders, relatives visiting every other minute, coffee/tea boiling non stop, pongal cooking in front yard on new mud pot with turmeric plant wrapped around it, mango leaves thoranam, chithappas, periyappas, anna, akka, mama, maami.
Paal pongiyachaaa?? heard one thousand times in this day, endless eating of farm cut fresh sugarcane. I am glad to have experienced and lived a rich childhood.
Watching Aruvi with Adi now. A much watch!