* Visited friend’s home for Golu. The girls had a gala time and sang couple of mesmerising carnatic devotional songs.
* Watched Garba at the festival happened at India street near our home. The whole street was blocked and people were dancing in a big
circle oval around God’s idol. Girls were all decked up in pretty pretty heavily worked gagra and boys in Sherwani. Adi got hyped and bought the dandiya sticks but did not join the gang for dancing. Now, I am playing the audience for her dance with sticks at home every evening.
* Made a simple Jack-o-lantern with the pumpkin Adi got home from her field trip.
* Had family movie watching time at home on a Friday night. Watched “Ice age 4” with speakers on and Adi loved the experience. We have decided to have a family movie watching Friday night once in a month. You know that type where you setup everything like chips, popcorn, water, juice and watch the movie by settling down on the bed twisting/turning, fighting for pillow/blanket, switch places, cuddle as something bad happens in the movie and go to sleep as the movie ends.
* Visited Adi’s classmate’s home for Kanya Puja. This is Adi’s first time attending Kanya puja and I was her chauffeur.
* Celebrated Saraswathi Pooja with simplest prasadam of semiya payasam and sundal. The girl duly arranged her books, pencil, ruler, eraser and religiously studied in front of God for few minutes on the next day. She is getting more responsible these days but the mommy in me is still treating her as a baby much to her annoyance. **Self alert – Time to grow up mommy**
* Honoured her music teacher with guru dhakshanai on Vijayadasami. Her teacher has requested the students to visit her for few minutes on this auspicious day to learn a new song. The swaram’s this girl sings transports me to a different world. That’s my biggest solace anytime. I only hope she continues to learn music and cherish it all her life. Something I was not able to pursue but still exists on my to-do list.
* The girl started talking about “prohibited” words in her dictionary that’s crush, sexy, kiss, butt, bikini and so on… She caught a dialogue from Ice age 4 and kept whispering it to me for more than a week. She giggles every time she sings it. “Diego and Shira, sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g”. She
pretends to close her eyes when two people kiss each other on the screen. I am listening to all those talks. The talks that starts like this “You know amma K said something really bad today and she whispers what K said after taking a pinky promise from me to not to tell it to anyone else”. It will be mostly around one of those prohibited words. I initially got scared when she said “something really bad” but now I understand the meaning of “something really bad” in her dictionary. Another sign of the girl growing.. A big Sigh !!!!. But, I am kind of liking it 🙂 Talk about motherhood. A mother wants her girl to grow up as well as stay as a kid at the same time. Motherhood can never never be satisfied. Hope she doesn’t curse me in future for writing all this in public. Oh she now has a private diary which we are not allowed to see. She writes something on it most of the night before going to bed. We have pinky promised to her that we will not touch that diary without her permission.
* I am personally going through a very tough phase. Remember those uncertain things I was talking about in earlier posts. They still exist and haunting me every second. The more I try to come out of it the more I am falling prey for it and getting into depression mode. Its been a long time I experienced depression at this level and thought I have completely outgrown it. Thought I have become so matured and practical, the type that can apply brain to situations and handle them with mind. But, isn’t life all about proving us wrong? While in depression, heart manifolds and stands so big in front of mind that any amount of convincing or reasoning is not helping. I am hating these tears that has become my shadow off late always ready to show up any second no matter whether you read a book, walk on the road, take shower or cook they just flow through the cheeks. Hoping to sail through this difficult time sooner. I will write more details once I gather more strength and get some clarity.
* Trying my best to keep up with reading. Read Indu Sundaresan’s “Twentieth Wife” and now buried my nose into the sequel of that book “The feast of roses”.
* For all those tamil cine song lovers, I found couple of youtube links that has hour long collection of best songs (Only audio. Though it has Illayaraja’s picture the list has a mix of songs from all music directors). I am hooked on to them. Hope someone likes it.
* Signing off with Adi’s classic
Adi: Amma, why are you such a small mommy?
Mommy: You know there are people who are smaller than me.
Adi: Oh you mean dwarfs?
Hope all is well at your end. Keep smiling…
So much going on for the festival season. You girls must be super busy.
Adi really is growing up, is she not? I can understand your feelings around wanting her to grow up and still be a baby.
Hugs, how things work out for you. Praying for strength.
thanks Comfy.. yep she is growing beyond my imagination.. I need to grow up soon to catch up with her 🙂
Let’s begin with hugs to the little Dandia dancing, beautifully singing growing up princess 🙂
Get ready mommy for the tougher talks and questions on growing up are about to touch shores and I am waiting to be enlightened about how to talk to your daughter abut it lesson 😀
You know I make mental notes about all you tell, like when Pari has started spending lots of time by the mirror admiring herself the one person I thought of was you for I remember you warning me about it 😀
Tight hugs and lots of prayers for helping you come out of the blues and depression. Take your time sweetie but make a conscious effort, you’ll be fine my strong Ani.
that’s so sweet of you to think of me.. I am sure with us, like-minded parents our girls will not be much different.. wowww Pari is already spending time in front of mirror.. girlss I say.. 🙂
Loved reading all the updates… so much happening 🙂
I specially love reading about Adi…. so good to hear about her music 🙂 May she continue to learn and enjoy this beautiful art.
Family movie night sounds interesting… maybe we should try that too 🙂
“prohibited words”… hmmm… that scares me. Maybe I should start preparing for future 🙂 That is another reason I love reading your blog… it gives me an insight into what to expect in future 😉
I am reading too… though at my own pace… I too have ordered all the 3 books of Indu Sunderesan…. hoping to start soon with them
Hugs Ani. Hoping and praying for the uncertainties to vanish soon.
You will be fine LS.. no worries.. our girls will not scare us too much.. hopefully 😉
thanks for the compliments..
Grow up amma. Look at Adi and learn;)
And also, cheer up. This too shall pass and you know. Beeeeg, tight hugs!
thanks Vidya.. yeah time to grow up..
Hope all is well with you Ani! Kids are growing very fast, wish they stay little! I’m not sure what are the uncertain things but hope u come out of your depression soon and feel better!
thanks Esther.. yep. they grow super fast.. if only we can have a pause button.. 🙂
These kids grow up super fast, no?! 😦
Love to Adi! 🙂
And, praying that all uncertainties vanishes really really soon!
yes they grow super fast.. thanks SnS..
Well that is a lot of things you have been doing 🙂
time is running away and sure kids are growing way too fast ..
god bless the little one
thanks Bikram.. hope you are doing fine now.. take care
oh loved loved loved this update because of Adi and her usage of ‘bad’ words hehehe 🙂
Praying and more praying to God things work out fine for you…seriously praying okie?
loved the post for her bad updates? you are a good massi to her 🙂
thanks for all the prayers RM..
Lovely update that was Ani. I love the idea of family movie 🙂
What fun it must have been to celebrate all those festivals? And Cheer up Ani 🙂
family movie was so much fun.. we also watched one last Friday.. 🙂 thanks metherebel..
hugs to Adi.. so u need to grow up.. :P..
yes we want our girls to grow up and be kids at same time na.. strangeness of motherhood.. 🙂
thanks for sharing the link.. no body can beat the mastero.. 🙂
thanks am.. the link has songs from other music directors too.. I loved most of the songs in the list.. 🙂
Waw that’s alot happening your life right now. Loved the Jack-o-lantern carvings with lights.
Adi is growing so fats isn’t it? “prohibited” words well we knew they will get there but so soon 🙂
Have lot of fun, Oct-Dec are fun months isn’t it?
yeah so soon.. imagine my state when she says her friend has crush on one of the pop singer.. I had to collect my jaw from the floor..
looking forward to all those light decorations in the town.. the whole city will be painted red and green for christmas 🙂
Adi is havign a whale of a time Ani ! 🙂 Very very nice to know of the updates from your front.
I am not sure what are the uncertainties you are referring to but I hope that you find your answers and make peace soon 🙂
I love some of the songs there! 🙂 Thanks for sharing it Ani !
thanks you kismitoffeebar.. am glad you liked the songs.. listening to music is soul soothing isn’t it? enjoy..