I am glad LHB now understands that he can’t skip “studying” at home as part of his evening routine. It is now up to me to follow this routine on weekdays so when he starts to get formal homework from school its easier for me to follow the routine.
Mind you, our current definition of “studying” is sitting on the ninja turtle chair/table along with Amma and having some quiet time with no TV. What we study doesn’t count but the concept of having that one on one time with Amma is all we call as studying.
During this time, we try many acts like
- balancing the pencil in one finger
- placing the pencil behind ears
- dropping the pencil like one million times and trying to take it with two toes
- checking if Akka is doing fine in the other room
- asking for fresh water
- initiate conversation about school with Amma even if she doesn’t show interest
- show a sorry puppy pouting face when Amma pretends to get upset
- write just one letter one time and then pretend to look sleepy (yawn/rub eyes etc..) making Amma feel so evil to torture the poor little boy
- go hunt for cars and trucks that are totally forgotten at other times
- get into Amma’s nerves by keeping the tip of pencil on the paper and then get distracted when you are just 0.1 seconds away from start with writing. (Only Amma knows the effort it takes to make you bring the pencil in contact with paper again)
- ask Amma why she is short? whether you can call her grandma **rolls eyes**
- look for the TV remote and keep it right next to you so you can switch it on the second Amma sets you free
and so on….. this is just the beginning of the endless list!!!
P.S: I am not in great mood today but typing this post definitely made me feel better and look at the happy quotient of my life.