Blogathon calls for some “must-write” topics, one of that being introspection of previous year. 2021 has been a mixed bag for me!
First half of the year went by with usual chores/routine of online school, work, cooking, cleaning, repeat u like groundhog day with rare meet up with friends and neighbors.
Second half was eventful enough to cover up the first half!
Highlights of the year:
- I was part of 100 day push up challenge. I did not do great with the challenge but learned how to do standard push up. I can now do at least 10 standard push up!
- NY day trip with Adi and her friends (calls for separate post)
- Sewa meals (Volunteer team served hot meal dinner twice every month the whole year and we are continuing with it)
- Gardening group (calls for separate post)
- Daily walk (I was regular with evening walk for one hour around neighborhood for first half of the year)
- Adi turned 16 (calls for separate post)
- College visits (the girl is super busy with college applications as I type this. We did few college visits over the summer)
- Adi started to drive, she owns camry now with a student driver sticker and is driving us for local needs.
- Single parenting for 2 months while M was away in India for family needs.
- Mastering usage of Roti maker (took me 2 months to master the dough consistency to get puffed up roti and no looking back. No more store bought roti)
- Single handled pool maintenance (My proudest achievement of the year. You will know when I make a post about it)
- Loss of a life (MIL)
- LHB DIY Halloween costume (separate post 🙂)
- Promotion at work (beeg next leap in career as a leader and I hope to live up to the expectation of this role in 2022. More work to do in 2022!)
- Solo India trip (separate post)
- Sewa India girls hostel day trip (separate post)
- Reading progress
- Self improvement (I can safely say that I am teeny weeny bit stronger than last year. I am not a drop of the hat cry baby anymore and I realize that I don’t have to speak my heart to everyone! Only very few really listen to you with the same perspective. So, unsaid words make more sense in many situation)
I am super happy with this post as this will serve as my fodder for rest of this month *evil laughter*
You are a powerhouse Ani and it seems like a lot happened in just the second half of 2021. So looking forward to reading all about it in detail over the next few weeks 👍. Sorry to hear about your MIL.
thank you Seema, I hope to write about all of them!
Looking forward to reading each one in detail… Congratulations on the promotion… I’m sure you’re killing it!
thank you P! I got it late last year so the reality will hit this year, I hope to keep up with the expectation *fingers crossed*
Congratulations on the promotion Ani. And Adi turned 16… 16…. She will be of my age in just two years..😁😁
thank you T, he heee on the age
Single handed maintaining of the pool? I absolutely can’t wait for that post!
Wow Ani, that’s quite an eventful second half !!! Can’t wait to read the details. Congratulations on the promotion !! Adi is already driving car… wow she’s growing big 😍
thank you dear, she is a young woman now getting ready to fly out of anisnest very soon 😦
Mixed feelings about that right !
Super Ani! Super happy to read you again!
ada paru da who is here, so happy to see your comment 🙂